We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Multiple Choice Question

Questions and answers about Plum Survey

Moderators: admin, support

rm_plumsurvey

Multiple Choice Question

Post by rm_plumsurvey »

Hi

I am trying to do the following - A multiple choice question with NO skip logic. All I am interested to know is why the user is calling. IF they are calling about Product A , I want them to press 1, Product B press 2 ... Product G press 7 or other Press 0.

Once the user answers this, I want the script to go to the next question (so no skip logic for any of the options).
I have the following setup for each of the choices

Choice Text - Product A
Data Value - 1
Utterance - Product A
and I have an audio that says "Product A"

When I test this, the system repeats Product A twice ? And when I press 0 to indicate that its another product the system says it didnt understand.
I only want the user to interact with this question by pressing 0, ... 7. How can I achieve this. and not repeat the options twice.

support

Re: Multiple Choice Question

Post by support »

Hi,

About your issue with having the system repeat Product A twice, could you please tell us which survey you're experiencing this issue? This would help us in better troubleshooting this problem.

About your question on allowing the user to only interact with your multiple choice question by pressing 0 through 7, you can set this up by clicking on "More options..." for your question and entering "0" for "Lowest "press.." #:"

However, you would have to set up your multiple choice question in the following way:

Code: Select all

1. Question text: Choose one of the following products.

Choice Text     Data value     Utterance

Other               0            Other
Product A           1          Product A
Product B           2          Product B 
Product C           3          Product C 
Product D           4          Product D  

By doing this, you can allow the user to enter 0 for your Multiple Choice question to select Other.

However, you would not be able to set up your question in the specific order you have requested: "IF they are calling about Product A , I want them to press 1, Product B press 2 ... Product G press 7 or other Press 0." This is due to the behavior of how the multiple choice question was designed for Plum Survey.

Regards,
Plum Support

rm_plumsurvey

Post by rm_plumsurvey »

Can you check Test Product Center. When posting the reply please use Product A ..B etc do not post with actual product names

thx

support

Post by support »

Hi,

We have created a cloned copy of your survey in your account.

This issue with repeating the products twice was occurring because the survey was stating your choice text and your utterance. We have replaced the text in the utterance with "..." to address the issue. Also, we have disabled Speech Recognition for this cloned survey to prevent any mistaken inputs from the user and have muted the corresponding prompts in the Upload Prerecorded Audio section.

We hope this cloned copy of your survey helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Plum Support