We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

sporadic disconnect

Questions and answers about Plum iOn systems

Moderators: admin, support

jcooper

sporadic disconnect

Post by jcooper »

I have received reports that users are getting sporadically disconnected midstream when calling into the system. I am not able to reproduce this, but I do see call logs reflecting this (no error is being generated). I am going to add some log tags to the application but am curious if you have had others report this issue, and if so, how it can be handled. Please note, i am using the Nuance OSR engine.
Thanks,
JC

jcooper

Post by jcooper »

Also, is there a way to differentiate between a hang-up and system initiated disconnect? Can I catch connection.disconnect.hangup? Is there a way I can add this to my log.. such as:

Code: Select all

<log label="Debug">Disconnecting from PNSMenu.xml#PNSMenu catch:<value expr="connection.status"/></log>

support

use "connection.disconnect.hangup" in IVR applicat

Post by support »

Hi,

Yes, you would use "connection.disconnect.hangup" (this is when the caller hangs up first) to differentiate a caller hanging up and the IVR system hanging up.

And as for adding the line to your IVR log, it should look more like this, since there isn't a "connection.status" in the VXML specification.

<log label="Debug">Disconnecting from PNSMenu.xml#PNSMenu catch:<value expr="_event"/></log>
"_event" covers these lists of events, which include "connection.disconnect.hangup".

As for users being sporadically disconnected midstream, if you can provide us with a way to successfully reproduce this, we can look into this IVR issue further.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jcooper

connection.disconnect

Post by jcooper »

Does the code

<catch event="connection.disconnect">...</catch>
capture connection.disconnect.hangup as well as the generic connection.disconnect?

support

use of connection.disconnect on IVR platform

Post by support »

Hi,

Yes, connection.disconnect will <catch> both connection.disconnect.hangup and the generic disconnect on the IVR system.

Regards,
Plum Support