We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Random time out for even just page transfer

Questions and answers about Plum iOn systems

Moderators: admin, support

aliasg

Random time out for even just page transfer

Post by aliasg »

Hi

I am currently facing random and very frequent timeouts on my applications. The timeout occurs randomly on different places mostly when switching the menus. So there is just a page transfer.

I have checked my IIS logs as well and was not able to trace server call that is being timed out. That means IVR plateform is not able to call our server.

I have tried disabling keep alive as well and reducing timeout value on my server but problem still persists.

Any idea or any current reason for this problem?
Ali

support

IVR example of fetchtimeout

Post by support »

Hi Ali,

Have you tried increasing the "fetchtimeout" when you are doing the page transfer?

For IVR example, if you were doing a <submit> to another page:

Code: Select all

<submit next="http://myownserver.com/MyPage.aspx" namelist="callrecording" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" fetchtimeout="60s" /> 
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

aliasg

Post by aliasg »

No, I am not using any fetch timeout. That means default 30s is in place. Timeout occurs for a page that is even hardly of 1k size. 30s is not little for such page load.
Ali

support

call log and code needed for IVR issue

Post by support »

Hi Ali,

Could you please provide us with the IVR code you are using and the IVR call log of where you see this IVR issue happening?

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

pixlpete

Same here!

Post by pixlpete »

I thought I was going nuts today. I have a credit card payment form that works *sometimes* and others I get errors about timeouts which I could understand if the submit ever made it to the web server, but they do not even register in the IIS logs even though the requests leading up to that page do. There is no way in the world the request to IIS is actully timing out, I sit and watch multiple other users access the server while this is going on. Something is fishy. I can't be the code becasue do occasionally get through.

support

IVR link for suggestion regarding timeout issues

Post by support »

Hi,

Just as a suggestion, with regards to the timeouts that are occurring, have you tried the solutions listed in the last IVR post of this thread?

http://support.plumvoice.com/viewtopic.php?t=1174

Regards,
Plum Support