We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Hosted Solution & Web Services...

Questions and answers about Plum iOn systems

Moderators: admin, support

bailem2

Hosted Solution & Web Services...

Post by bailem2 »

I have an application whereby I need to establish a conference call between two parties and know the disposition of the attempt. I was wondering if you expose platform functions using web services at all?

Ideally, I would like a web service method that I can call to initiate a call to a party. Once the party is reached, they are connected with a plum IVR and the method returns with a status indicating that the call is established.

Another method call would be used to add callers to the conference.

Is this possible?

support

use IVR outbound dev web interface to initiate outbound call

Post by support »

Hi Bailem:

no, currently IVR call control features you are talking about are not possible. It is possible to use the IVR outbound developer web interface to initiate IVR outbound calls, but plum provides no public functionality for merging IVR calls into conference, although these options are currently being explored in our R&D lab, with the hopes that this kind of functionality could be made publically available within a few IVR platform releases. Watch the posts in the news forums for upcoming details on new features such as this.

kind regards,

Plum Support