We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Mult. toll-free numbers, which trigger diff. scripts

Questions and answers about Plum iOn systems

Moderators: admin, support

vventures

Mult. toll-free numbers, which trigger diff. scripts

Post by vventures »

Do I need 2 local lines, or can I just have 1 local line, and multiple toll free numbers.. each of which trigger a particular script (or a particular part of 1 script).

I'd like to have one local line, but say 10 toll-free numbers. Depending on the toll-free number dialed, it runs a different script.. or a different part of a script. Is this possible? How?

support

have a menu at the beginning of IVR script to prompt users

Post by support »

Hello,

Yes you will need one local number for each toll-free number you want to run a different IVR application. This is a limitation of how toll-free number routing works. You must have a local phone number to point a toll-free number to, the information about which toll-free number it is coming from is never passed on to the local line. Without information about which number the user is calling from there is no way for our IVR system to differentiate that call uniquely when choosing which IVR application to run.

If you really do not want more than one local number you could have a menu at the beginning of your IVR script that prompts the user to select why they are calling and then depending on their selection you could run the required IVR application.

Hope This Helps,
Plum Support