We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Sample start_url and result_url

Questions and answers about Plum iOn systems

Moderators: admin, support

wuland

Sample start_url and result_url

Post by wuland »

According to the documentation, the start_url script should return valid VoiceXML 2.0 scripts. I have created a valid script but seem to be getting an error in the call. I was wondering if it was possible to get samples of what these documents should look like.

support

write your VoiceXML 2.0 script for an IVR inbound call 1st

Post by support »

You should first attempt to write your VoiceXML 2.0 script for an IVR inbound call. After you've successfully done that and squeezed out any bugs in your IVR script, you can try configuring it to be the start_url. Please remember that the IVR script pointed to by the start_url must be able to process HTTP POST variables sent to it.
Last edited by support on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wuland

Post by wuland »

That's why I need a sample of the start_url script (and result_url is possible). Your documentation on this is thin at best and I'm not entirely sure what the file should do.

support

IVR system accepts HTTP, POST, and GET requests

Post by support »

Hello,

The IVR code you are requesting would be specific to your IVR application server. You should be writing a script in the language support by your application server (ASP, JSP, PHP etc). This script will take the variables sent in via standard HTTP POST (like a web form) and in return generate a VoiceXML 2.0 script.

If your current inbound IVR application is a static VoiceXML script then you will need to change it to a dynamic page so that it can accept HTTP POST and GET requests. This will allow the outbound IVR system to request the document from your IVR application server without receiving an error.

Regards,
Plum Support