We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

What version of RedHat Linux comes with the on premise IVR

Questions and answers about Plum iOn systems

Moderators: admin, support

towell

What version of RedHat Linux comes with the on premise IVR

Post by towell »

Hello, I am just about finished writing my VXML application. I plan to load the application server on the same physical box as the VXML interpreter (aka the Plum Server) but my back end interface is quite complicated and dependent upon the Linux kernel. I need to know what specific version of Linux the Plum IVR will be shipped with when I purchase it. I have looked through all the docs I can find but nothing other than Red Hat linux is mentioned. I did find one small line item that mentioned RH 7.3 but that must be outdated as 7.3 is at least three levels deprecated. Can someone please enlighten me?

Thanks

support

customers can't preload own custom software on IVR systems

Post by support »

Hello,

Plum IVR systems currently ship the the latest release of RedHat Enterprise Linux 3. However, these IVR systems are locked down and are designed to be used as a black box. Customers are not provided root passwords or the ability to preload their own custom software on our IVR systems since it violates our standard SLA.

Regards,
Plum Support