We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

audio repository management

Questions and answers about Plum iOn systems

Moderators: admin, support

peregringeo

audio repository management

Post by peregringeo »

When using the audio repository, if a recording is deleted in slot 10 and there are 20 recordings, the next uploaded prompt receives the highest number available (21) rather than replacing the deleted prompt.

What methods are available to replace a prompt in a saved position (i.e. replace 10 with a new prompt that has 10's URL)?

support

IVR audio repository database

Post by support »

Hi,

This is just how our IVR audio repository database works. There is no saved position for a recording; it just gets assigned the next highest number available if a previous recording was deleted.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peregringeo

Post by peregringeo »

Is there any other way to manage the prompts, then?

Essentially, this means if I want to change prompt 2 of 36, I either have to change our application's code each time a prompt is changed or I'll need to remove 35 prompts and reupload them.

support

IVR application code to manage prompts on audio repository

Post by support »

Hi,

Sorry, but there aren't any other ways to manage your <prompt>s on the audio repository. You would have to change your IVR application's code each time a prompt is changed or reupload them.

Alternatively, you could host your own audio files, which cached, would have the same load times as our audio repository. This would give you complete control over managing your audio files.

Regards,
Plum Support