We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

call audio

Questions and answers about Plum Pre-built Applications

Moderators: admin, support

phillipsummers

call audio

Post by phillipsummers »

I have a question for you all regarding some of our audio files. I have attached a few samples.
1. q17_audio-1286845199.wav 10 Ft
2. q17_audio-1286916600.wav I did not fall
3. q17_audio-1287702932.wav No File
4. q17_audio-1286460396.wav No Answer

Sample 1 and 2 don’t really seem to be an issue. I have included them as a control of sorts. The only issue with sample 2 is that it is obvious he did not mean to be in the fall audio prompt. But on a whole this file seems ok.

Our issue lies with files like 3 and 4 which seem to be short. They don’t contain answers and what is also odd is their window of time seems accelerated. Sample 3 is so short no answer would have been possible if the respondent did indeed want to record a fall length. Sample 4 doesn’t seem to be an issue other than it is appears to be a shorter time window for response.

This is a concern because our you can see from the translation list below only had 4 answers out of 21 files

support

Re: call audio

Post by support »

Hi phillipsummers,

In order to help us diagnose this issue, could you please provide us with a few more details about your application? From the sounds of this, it seems like these audio files are recordings captured of the users. Also, could you please attach those audio files in an email to devsupport@plumgroup.com?

Thanks,
Plum Support

phillipsummers

Post by phillipsummers »

Ok thanks I just sent an email with explanation and audio files. It's subject is "FW: Audio file concern."

support

Post by support »

Hi Phillip,

Could you please provide us with the code that you are using to reproduce this issue? This would help us in better reproducing this issue you are having with these recorded audio files.

Regards,
Plum Support

phillipsummers

Post by phillipsummers »

Ok sorry for the delay. I just emailed you all that vxml code with the email title RE: Audio file concern. I should say I did not code this and I am not a developer. We are hoping to get bugs out for a next application. thanks

support

Post by support »

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for your e-mail. We have looked at the index.vxml file and have found that q17 references a yesno.vxml file. Could you please provide us with this section of code for us to diagnose your issue? We're specifically looking for the code that you are using to reproduce this issue with q17 for your audio files.

Regards,
Plum Support

phillipsummers

Post by phillipsummers »

just sent that yesno.vxml file in an email entitled "RE: Audio file concern"

support

Post by support »

Hi Phillip,

We have received your email containing the VoiceXML file, and will take a look to see what might be causing this issue. We will respond here letting you know of our findings.

Regards,
Plum Support

support

Post by support »

Hi Phillip,

We've taken a look at the yesno.vxml file, but weren't able to find any references to being able to create an audio file in that code. After looking through the index.vxml file, we believe that the problem might lie in the audio.vxml file. Could you send over a copy of this file for us to look over to see if we can reproduce your issue?

Regards,
Plum Support

phillipsummers

Post by phillipsummers »

I just sent that audio.vxml file over to you. thanks

support

Post by support »

Hi Phillip,

We have looked at your code in audio.vxml.

Looking at your <record> tag line:

<record name="response" beep="true" type="audio/x-wav">

we noticed that there is no finalsilence attribute set. This means that if a record was started and nothing was said within 3 seconds (this is the default finalsilence set for the record tag), then the recording will be empty.

We recommend that you add a finalsilence attribute in your record tag and increase the time to maybe 5 seconds. This will give the user 5 seconds to say the recording and ensure that a recording file won't be empty.

Regards,
Plum Support