We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Pre-recorded audio questions

Questions and answers about Plum Survey

Moderators: admin, support

loibl.3@osu.edu

Pre-recorded audio questions

Post by loibl.3@osu.edu »

2 Questions:
1. As far as I can tell, I am no longer given the option to upload pre-recorded audio for the "to select" and "say" options. I need to be able to do this because I am trying to build a survey in Spanish.

2. When I clone a survey that had pre-recorded audio uploaded, then delete a pre-recorded message on the clone, and finally, try to mute the message, it gives me an error message (i.e. I can't mute the file and I get this message: "There was an error muting this audio file:
Fatal error: could not create /usr/local/apache/htdocs/survey/audio/blank.wav, /usr/local/apache/htdocs/survey/audio/a/5/e/69a93707ad25a7feeb779ebd987ce.wav")

Is there a way to get around this problem?

Please help!
Thanks

support

IVR issue with audio file

Post by support »

Hi,

Could you provide us with a copy of that IVR audio file that was uploaded so that we can try to reproduce the IVR issue on our end? You can send it as an attachment to <address excised>.

We will also take a look into why you aren't able to upload pre-recorded IVR audio for those two prompts.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

loibl.3@osu.edu

Thanks.

There wasn't an original audio file - on the original, I had "muted" the phrase.

In fact, now when I go to any of my surveys in which I had previously muted a phrase, instead of indicating "mute", it says "Play", as if I had uploaded an audio file. When I hit play, there is silence, as if I had uploaded a second of dead air. Then, if I delete the "file", and try to mute it, I get that error message.

support

working to resolve IVR error

Post by support »

Hi,

Sorry, I had misunderstood your post earlier.

We were able to reproduce the IVR issue that you are describing. We will give you an update once we have found a resolution for it.

Thanks for bringing this IVR error to our attention.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

support

IVR errors were a result of some server maintenance

Post by support »

Hi,

These IVR errors should now be corrected. The errors were a result of some IVR server maintenance so some IVR services were temporarily unavailable.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Please test your IVR survey again and let us know if you experience any further IVR issues.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

loibl.3@osu.edu

Thank you. The "muting" problem has been resolved.

However, I still can't seem to upload audio files for the "say" and "to select" options (i.e. in multiple choice questions). Even when I create a new survey with a multiple choice question, when I go to the upload pre-recorded audio page, there isn't the option to upload "say" to "to select".

The resulting surveys have my voice on all audio tracks, except the "say' and "to select" portions. It sounds funny.

support

upload prerecorded audio files for your IVR survey

Post by support »

Hi,

We are looking into making these phrases available for you to upload prerecorded IVR audio files for your IVR survey.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

support

upload prerecorded audio files for your IVR survey

Post by support »

Hi,

These phrases should now be available for you again to upload prerecorded IVR audio messages. We had fixed an IVR bug that had occurred from the last release of the IVR platform.

Please test your IVR survey to see if these phrases are available for you again to upload prerecorded IVR audio messages.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

loibl.3@osu.edu

Thanks!