We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

One survey with both SOAP and Subdialog calls

Questions and answers about Plum Survey

Moderators: admin, support

evanl@peopleclues.com

One survey with both SOAP and Subdialog calls

Post by evanl@peopleclues.com »

The survey I'm building uses both SOAP and subdialog calls. However, each creates it's own session when calling the code on our side. Is there a way so that they're both using the same session?

I'm using SOAP to send back the answers, and to return the skip page/question values.

I'm using the subdialog call for me to be able to send back a piece of vxml to let the caller verify the information they have entered.

thanks!

support

IVR platform and subdialogs

Post by support »

Our SOAP client uses a separate cookie jar from the voice IVR platform that requests the IVR subdialogs, so it will be difficult to easily create an IVR session for both. The only way to do it would be for one of your IVR subdialogs to return a special key that would get submitted along with a SOAP call so that the IVR sessions could be somehow correlated on your end.
Last edited by support on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

evanl@peopleclues.com

Post by evanl@peopleclues.com »

So I have put a SOAP call after the subdialog call on the same page. The subdialog is used to generate VXML to ask the user to verify the information they have entered on the page. If it's fine, they continue on to the survey, if not, the subdialog returned value will use skip logic to the same page, which will ask the user for the information again, and the SOAP will send the values back to us and will have access to the same session as the earlier SOAP calls started.

Do you foresee any issues with using SOAP after a subdialog call?

support

no IVR issues with mixing subdialogs and SOAP calls

Post by support »

Nope, there should be no problems on the IVR platform with mixing IVR subdialogs and SOAP calls on the same page.