We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Layout Difficulties

Questions and answers about Plum Survey

Moderators: admin, support

OSV

Layout Difficulties

Post by OSV »

To Whom it may concern:

I currently have a demo account with PlumVoice and I have noticed a few areas that I am not sure how to handle.

The first issue is with the multiple choice question that can be turned into a matrix option.

The problem is that once I turn a multiple choice question into a matrix, and than click the "add choice" button, I place my answers in, click save, and then go to preview the question but the answers do not show up. To correct the issue I have to go back into the same question and click the "add choice" button again (a second time) in order for the system to keep the answers with the questions on the matrix style. This issue is correctable but it is a pain to have to do the answers twice to get it to work properly.

The next problem I am facing is when it comes to the Multi-select question type. I have one survey where I need this feature however the problem I am running into is this...

I go into preview or test mode to see how the question operates, everything looks good expect (1) a N/A choice is listed even though it was not an option for an answer in the layout page, and (2) no matter the combination of choices I select, if I pick this one particular option an error message comes up that says the "choice is not a valid answer"

How do I correct that?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide about the problems above.
-OSV

support

IVR concerns

Post by support »

Hi OSV,

Thanks for sharing your IVR concerns.

About issue #1, this problem has been reproduced on Internet Explorer 7 and we are working to correct this IVR issue.

About issue #2, the reason why you are seeing a "N/A" (Not Available) option for your multiselect question for IVR in the Preview window is because the question is marked as a Required question. Since the question is required, the respondent must answer the question. However, if the respondent feels that the choice he wants to select for the multiselect question is not there, then he can select the "N/A" option for the question. If you choose to not make the question Required, then you should notice that the "N/A" option is no longer available in the Preview window.

About issue #3, are you selecting a combination of one of your choices and "N/A" for the multiselect question on your IVR survey? This might explain why you are seeing that error. If this isn't the case, could you provide us with more details as to how you are reproducing this IVR error?

Hope this clarifies things.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

OSV

Post by OSV »

Plum Support,

Thank you for explaing what was going on. Based on your reply I was able to fix the issue.

The main problem was that question being required, and after consideration this particular question did not need to be required which corrected both issues. :D

Thanks for the help
-OSV

support

IVR bug fixed for Internet Explorer 7 and 8

Post by support »

Hi,

About issue #1, this IVR bug has just been fixed for Internet Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 8. For your IVR survey, you should now be able to convert a multiple choice question for IVR into a matrix, add choices for it, save the page, and then view the choices you have entered.

Regards,
Plum Support