We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Spanish Engine reads out punctuation...

Questions and answers about Plum Survey

Moderators: admin, support

evanl@peopleclues.com

Spanish Engine reads out punctuation...

Post by evanl@peopleclues.com »

Hi,

In our English survey, we have a full name question type's question text as "..", because we just want the system to not read anything for "question text" and just play the voice file for the instruction. It works great.

However when I switch over to any of the Spanish engines, it now reads out the punctuation. Can you tell me if this is some kind of setting issue that I'm not setting? I assumed the engines would work the same across languages, but apparently not.

Please help!

evanl@peopleclues.com

Follow up

Post by evanl@peopleclues.com »

Interesting. I switch to "--" instead of "..", and now the Spanish engine does not read it out loud anymore... I guess I solved my problem, but still curious as to why the Spanish engine would read the ".." aloud.

support

IVR Survey builder doesn't interpret "--"

Post by support »

Hi,

Thanks for this inquiry. Our IVR survey developers are looking into this IVR issue, but one idea that has arose is that when the Plum IVR Survey Builder sees "..", it pronounces "point point" in Spanish (for decimals). When it sees the "--", the Plum IVR Survey Builder doesn't read this out loud since it doesn't know how to interpret it.

Regards,
Plum Support