We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Skip Logic

Questions and answers about Plum Survey

Moderators: admin, support

rlevine

Skip Logic

Post by rlevine »

Hello,

I am having a difficult time getting skip logic to work when I test out my survey. For example, I have questions 1 and 2 listed on page 1 of my survey and question 3 is listed on page 2 of the survey. If the respondent answers "0" to question 1, I want to direct them to question 3 on page 2. After the "0" answer choice, I directed skip logic to go to page 2. However, when I test my survey via the phone, skip logic does not seem to work. What should I do to make sure skip logic works?

Thank you

support

Re: Skip Logic

Post by support »

Hi,

About this skip logic issue you are having, this behavior is correct in terms of how question skip logic is implemented for Plum Survey.

So, for your example, on page 1 of your survey, you have 2 questions, with question 1 implementing question skip logic to go to page 2 of your survey if a "0" response is given for question 1. However, the way that skip logic works is that even when a "0" response is given for question 1, the survey will first finish asking all the questions for your survey page before implementing the question skip logic to go to page 2.

If you wish to change this behavior in your survey, you should list question 1 on page 1 (setting up skip logic to go to page 3 if a "0" response is given), question 2 on page 2, and question 3 on page 3.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you need further clarification.

Regards,
Plum Support

rlevine

Post by rlevine »

Hello,

Thank you. I figured out how to use skip logic.

steven.anderson211

Post by steven.anderson211 »

Hi,

Is it possible to have question skip logic for yes/no questions? I want survey users to go to a specific page based on whether they answer yes or no to a question.

Thanks!

support

Post by support »

Hi,

There isn't a direct way for a yes/no type question to do skip logic, but there is a very simple method to do this with a multiple choice question.

Using a multiple choice question, simply put the question as the question text, and then add two choices. Fill in 'yes' for the first choice and 'no' for the second choice. You can then set the skip logic to go to whichever page you would like for each choice.

On the phone it will simply read the question text and then say "to select: yes, say yes or press 1, to select: no, say no or press 2". Likewise, on a web survey it will simply have the question text and then an option for 'yes' or 'no.' As you can see, it behaves very similar to a yes/no type question, but with the ability to use skip logic.

Hopefully that helps!

Best Regards,
Plum Support

steven.anderson211

Post by steven.anderson211 »

Hi,

Thank you, this advice allowed me to use skip logic for yes/no questions. However, I'm noticing now that each question is labeled as "#1" because each new question is on a new page. Is there any way to edit the question numbering manually?

Thanks!

support

Post by support »

Hi,

There is no way in the survey tool to change the first question on a page from defaulting to '1', so each time you skip to a new page it will always start with question 1. However, the page title will change, so you can use the page title as an indicator that the user has been redirected to a new page and is now answering questions relating to their answer for the previous question, if that's what you're looking to achieve.

Best Regards,
Plum Support