We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Screen reader problems with online survey

Questions and answers about Plum Survey

Moderators: admin, support

iowacompass

Screen reader problems with online survey

Post by iowacompass »

I've received comments from customers that the online version of our survey doesn't work well with screen reader programs such as JAWS and MS reader. My customers use these programs because they are either blind or otherwise vision impaired. I'm hearing that the problems are seen primarily in matrixed questions. It won't read the possible answers for each question in the matrix. Only in the initial heading are the answers read. Is this something that can be resolved through your programming instead of me splitting out the matrix into individual questions?

Also hearing requests that the survey be all on one page. Having the survey over multiple pages makes it difficult for screen readers as well. Is this something that I can fix on my end or is this something that can be remedied through programming?

support

Re: Screen reader problems with online survey

Post by support »

Hello,

Unfortunately, both of these issues are not issues that can be easily resolved by changing the actual survey tool itself. In both cases, we would recommend making changes on your end to support these screen reader programs, eg. splitting out the matrix into individual questions, and confining the survey to a single page.

Regards,
Plum Support