We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Preparing a report that includes the page name

Questions and answers about Plum Survey

Moderators: admin, support

peterfrommaine

Preparing a report that includes the page name

Post by peterfrommaine »

Dear friends at Plum Voice,

I have purchased the software with a very specific application in mind. We are using it for patients to track progress versus their goals. Each patient has an individually tailored set of questions.

So, when people call in we ask them to provide an employee code number. Based on the employee code number, they are sent to a page that includes a specific set of questions that are tailored for them. We are using the "page name" to include the "patient number" and a specific code that clarifies which questions the patient were asked. So, for example the name of page 3 might be "2375-345-587-123". This "page name" would then be used by the data base program to clarify the patient and the questions asked. Patient # 2375, answered questions 345, 587, 123. So far so good.

The challenge now is that we need to prepare a report for each call received that begins with the "page name". That way the data base program on our side can match up the answers with the patient and question. Can you please tell me how to produce this kind of report. We are live with a client and therefore timing is important. Thanks for your help with this.

All the best,

Peterfrommaine

support

Re: Preparing a report that includes the page name

Post by support »

Hi Peter,

Regarding your question, if you are downloading a CSV report, you wouldn't be able to view the report by the "page name" as the report just shows the caller ID/IP address, contact last name, contact first name, contact middle name, campaign name, start date/time, end date/time, question texts, and responses.

However, you can add "identifiers" to your question text by inserting metadata directly into it. For example, for a patient who enters ID number, 2375, and is presented the following 3 questions:

"What is your favorite color? [[345]]"

"Do you find this survey helpful? [[587]]"

"What time do you eat your lunch? [[123]]"

By setting up your survey in this way, you would be able to associate the answers to each question. Please keep in mind that you should use prerecorded audio messages if you plan on setting up your survey questions in this way (to avoid the TTS from reading the metadata). So long as each set of questions is unique to an employee ID, you should be able to match up the list of questions asked to each employee.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Plum Support

peterfrommaine

Post by peterfrommaine »

Dear friends at Plum Support,

I think this is a great solution. Please let me know if I have it right.

When we type in the question we can add "identifiers" by putting the code numbers in double brackets. If we record the message the numbers in the brackets will not interfere with the patient message. When we print out the report, the questions will be printed out and include "identifiers" in the double brackets. We can use those numbers to match up the patient, the questions and the answers. Did I get it right?

Can you please tell me how to test out this approach? If I can print out a sample report and see how this works, then I can make sure my IT team can make it work.

Thanks for your help with this.

Best,

peterfrommaine

support

Post by support »

Hi Peter,

Everything that you have stated in your first paragraph is correct for setting up your survey questions with "identifiers".

However, just for clarification, what do you mean by printing out a sample report? Do you mean to say downloading a report in .csv format?

Regards,
Plum Support

peterfrommaine

Post by peterfrommaine »

Yes.

support

Post by support »

Hi Peter,

Regarding your initial post, your request for adding the page name to the CSV report has been added to our internal feature request page to be considered for future updates of Plum Survey.

About testing the "identifier" approach, you can clone a copy of your survey and add these identifiers to the question texts of your survey questions. Once you've finished adjusting your cloned survey with these identifiers, you can place some test calls into the survey and then generate a CSV report, where you should see these identifiers within the question texts.

Regards,
Plum Support

peterfrommaine

Post by peterfrommaine »

Thanks for the response. I created a sample report. I have a problem though. My excel program will not open the file. It does not see the file. I can see the files when I use my browser. But when I try to open it in excel, it shows no excel files in the folder. Any suggestions?

Best,

Peter

support

Post by support »

Hi Peter,

Try these steps to open the file within Excel:

1) Download the CSV report to your computer. Choose to "Save File" when you are prompted to do so.

2) Open up Microsoft Excel.

3) Click on File->Open in Microsoft Excel.

4) When you are prompted with a window to select a file, click on the drop-down menu to select "All Files". From there, you should see the CSV report you have downloaded and open it within Excel.

Please let us know if you have any further issues with opening the report within Excel.

Regards,
Plum Support