We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Online Version and Piping Responses

Questions and answers about Plum Survey

Moderators: admin, support

gregoryclark

Online Version and Piping Responses

Post by gregoryclark »

Greetings! I was wondering how to pipe in a response from a previous question in order for it to appear in the follow up question in the online version of a survey. In other words, if a respondent chooses 3 or below on the online version, how can you make their response appear, rather than plainly writing in the text "you have selected 3 or below"? How do you make the online version carry over the exact response chosen?

Thank you

support

Re: Online Version and Piping Responses

Post by support »

Hi Gregory,

There's no way to dynamically generate question text, so you cannot alter the question text based on the respondent's previous answers. The only way to achieve the same effect would be to branch to many different questions, ie. one would prompt "you have selected 3," "you have selected 2," etc.

gregoryclark

Online Version Formatting

Post by gregoryclark »

Greetings!!! I have yet another question. For the online version of a survey when you have a matrix question, how can you shade every other sub-question or add a line between the sub-questions in order to distinguish each question from one another? It is hard to know for which sub-question you are responding to because of this. I was informed through the support line I could send a version or grant access to my survey to have the .css doc formatted to have a line or shading in order to denote each question more clearly. Is this correct? Otherwise, can you provide the programming steps or information on how to create a line or shading scheme for each sub-question in a matrix table for online survey version?

Thank you