We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

IVR Voice Prompts

Questions and answers about Plum Survey

Moderators: admin, support

gregoryclark

IVR Voice Prompts

Post by gregoryclark »

Greetings!!! I was wondering how to deactivate the voice prompts on an IVR survey where the voice reiterates the scale choices. For instance, how do you exclude the sub-prompt where the voice says "To select 1, please choose 1 on your touch tone key pad; For 2, please select 2 on your touch tone keypad..."? I see there is "Press" count down option under advanced options, but I have selected "no" and the sub-prompt is still active. This sub-prompt is intrusive and and tacks on a considerable amount of time on the survey. Basically, i just want the text of the question to be announced and nothing else. The scale choices and clearly stated in the question text.

Thank you!

support

Re: IVR Voice Prompts

Post by support »

Hi,

Reading the answer choices is the default behavior of the IVR platform, however, it is possible to get around this. When viewing the "My Surveys" page, you can select "Upload Prerecorded Audio" from within the "Edit" menu for a specific survey. This page can also be reached while you're actively editing a survey by clicking the "Audio" button between "Settings" and "Done" in the top-right corner. This gives you a list of all of the audio/TTS statements that are played during the call.

The second column of the table is the "Found At" column. This specifys where this audio/TTS will be played. You'll want to find the phrases related to your scale question choices (denoted with a "choice" or "Built-in") and mute them. Clicking on the link will give you a text version of the phone call to facilitate this process. If you know where your survey's scale questions are you can find the correct audio/TTS based upon the written text. For example "Pg. 1, q.1 choice" is page 1's question 1's choice audio/TTS.

You'll also want to ensure that you mute the built-in phrases for the scale questions. Depending upon if voice recognition is enabled, these would be either "To select: ", ",...say,...", and ",...or press n." or "To select: " and ",press n.". Please note that "n" will be the keypad value.

The Mute option is listed below the "Upload" menu for each row of the table.

Regards,
Plum Support