We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Cisco Switch Agent to Respondent Transfer Issue

Questions and answers about Plum Survey

Moderators: admin, support

michaeltimothyallen

Cisco Switch Agent to Respondent Transfer Issue

Post by michaeltimothyallen »

We are installing an inbound IVR survey into a client. This client uses a Cisco Switch.

The survey is started by a call centre agent who answers two questions whilst the caller is on hold. When this is done the agent transfers the caller via a speed dial to the survey number. Once the caller to survey connection is made the agent drops off the line leaving the caller in the survey.

We have done this process for a while with different clients. But this client is on a Cisco switch. What is happening is that the agent can hear the survey questions and make key depressions which are recognised by the system and enter reporting no problem. However, when the survey is transferred to the caller (agent drops off line) the caller can hear the survey, but it does not react to their selections on the keypad and does not store responses in reporting.

Has anybody else had and ideally overcome this problem on a Cisco switch. All help and ideas welcome.

support

Re: Cisco Switch Agent to Respondent Transfer Issue

Post by support »

Hi Michael,

One thing we would suggest is to have your client check their settings on the Cisco switch equipment to see that it is able to pass DTMF tones on to the IVR system. However, as we're not experts with handling Cisco equipment (as this is a Plum Survey development forum), we would suggest having your client contact Cisco to see if they can assist them with this issue of being unable to pass DTMF tones.

Regards,
Plum Support

michaeltimothyallen

Re: Cisco Switch Agent to Respondent Transfer Issue

Post by michaeltimothyallen »

Dear Support, many thanks for your prompt and useful response.

The support chain with my client is three organisations deep, removed from me and not moving forward, threatening the viability and on going use of the service. So I am looking to clear the log jam. I have provided some WP's from Cisco Forum to my client already, but as I am not myself a Cisco user I have no access to detailed support. As you know Cisco has some surveying capability and I do not want this to result in Plum Survey being dropped in favour of a Cisco service. For this reason If you have no objection I would like to keep this issue in the forum to see if any fellow Plum customers have had the same issue and found a solution. Thanks again.