We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Skip Logic - Repeating the same question

Questions and answers about Plum Survey

Moderators: admin, support

Dominguez4444

Skip Logic - Repeating the same question

Post by Dominguez4444 »

Hi I have a survey in which I have a yes/skip logic question. I used multiple choice with two options as suggested in another thread.

On page 5 one option should bring the user to Page 6 and the other should bring the user to page 7. When one option choice is selected it brings the user to Page 6 no problem. However, when the other option is selected instead of bringing the user to page 7 it repeats page 5 indefinitely.

The logic works perfectly fine on the online version but acts incorrectly as described above on the phone version. I have no idea what is happening. I've tried remaking the question. Deleting pages and adding new ones. The logic is sound but keeps screwing up on the phone version. Please help ASAP. The same logic is used earlier in the survey and works fine, I have no idea why this is happening.

Best,
Alex :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

support

Re: Skip Logic - Repeating the same question

Post by support »

Hi Alex,

Skip logic needs to be in certain position in order for it to work properly so without knowing what your survey looks like, our best guess is that it might not be placed correctly. We will be able to better help you if you shared your login for your Survey account- we tried searching your email address and username that you use for this support forum but it yielded no results. Therefore kindly share with us the username of your Survey account as well as the name of the survey in question (if there are more than one surveys) and we will be happy to take a look.

Regards,
Plum Support

Dominguez4444

Re: Skip Logic - Repeating the same question

Post by Dominguez4444 »

Howdy,

Thanks for your response. I actually figured out the problem. One of our options was 0. Without specifically specifying that 0 is an option (1-9 is automatic but 0 is not) anytime someone clicked 0 it would not register as an answer. As such, it would repeat the question because something that was not an answer was selected.

What's strange is that verbally saying "0" worked fine but pressing it would repeat the question. Also the fact that it works on the web survey but not the phone survey is very confusing. Maybe in the future something can be changed to prevent confusion like this again.

Thanks,
Alex