We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

5 second delay before IVR intro is played

Questions and answers about Plum Survey

Moderators: admin, support

ronan.ocallaghan

5 second delay before IVR intro is played

Post by ronan.ocallaghan »

Hi,

On answering the IVR call for my campaign there is a 5 second delay (approx) before the intro message (as configured under the Phone Options in the Survey Settings) is played.

Is there some setting i may have inadvertently configured incorrectly or some system message that i may have muted? (I have uploaded my own 2 second wav file in place of the system "This is an automated call. To begin, press 1,...otherwise, press 2 or hang up." file).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ronan

support

Re: 5 second delay before IVR intro is played

Post by support »

Hi Ronan,

The reason you are seeing that delay is due to callee type detection, which determines whether the callee was a human or answering machine. If you don't rely on callee type detection and would like it disabled for your account, please send an e-mail to support@plumgroup.com and please make sure to include your 8-digit customer ID in the subject line. Your 8-digit customer ID can be found in your support contract with Plum.

Regards,
Plum Support

ronan.ocallaghan

Re: 5 second delay before IVR intro is played

Post by ronan.ocallaghan »

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Ronan