We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Outbound Survey not working

Questions and answers about Plum Survey

Moderators: admin, support

michaeltimothyallen

Outbound Survey not working

Post by michaeltimothyallen »

I believe I am following the outbound survey set up correctly on my survey. But in a small scale test it is not working in the UK. Is there any reason for this?

support

Re: Outbound Survey not working

Post by support »

Hi Michael,

Can you please provide us with the step-by-step instructions for how you are attempting to set up your outbound campaign for your survey? This would help us in better troubleshooting this issue you're experiencing.

Regards,
Plum Support

michaeltimothyallen

I have followed the steps in the guide to the letter several times now. It will not work on our small trial data set. I am 99% sure I am following all the steps correctly. The survey is in Deploy mode on my number. This is a UK to UK campaign. Please do not tell me it will not work in the UK? Can you confirm you can deliver outbound in the UK, just so I know for certain.

Also, secondly should the survey be in Deploy mode? I assume it should and then you build the campaign, or should it be campaign build then switch survey to deploy?

We are overdue on a pilot project, so we could do with a clear response please.

support

Post by support »

Hi Michael,

Please note that when making outbound international calls to the UK for your survey campaign, you will need to enter the phone numbers in the following format:

{US exit code} + {country code} + {phone number}

Just as an example, if you were making a call to a UK number, 0207-999-9999, you would enter it as the following for your survey contact's phone number:

where 011 is the US exit code, 44 is the country code of the UK, and 2079999999 is the phone number.

Regarding your second question, it does not matter that the survey is in Deploy mode for your survey campaign.

For your convenience, here are some instructions on how you can test an outbound campaign for UK numbers:

1) Log into your survey account.

2) Click on Campaigns -> New Contact

3) Enter a name for your contact.

4) For Phone Number, enter the UK number in the following format as demonstrated above:

{US exit code: 011} + {country code: 44} + {UK phone number}

5) Click on the Create button.

6) On the My Contacts page, select the checkbox for your newly created contact and click on the New Campaign button above.

7) Enter the name for your campaign and select the survey you want to use.

8) For Start Date/Time, leave the date as it is, but set the time to 2 to 3 minutes ahead of what the current time is set.

9) Leave the rest of the other settings as they are and click on the Create button to start your survey campaign.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or run into any further issues with placing outbound international calls to the UK for your survey campaign.

Regards,
Plum Support

michaeltimothyallen

Thank you for taking the time to give me this guidance Guys, GREATLY appreciated.

Can I just check on the commercial costs of the outbound survey. It is a UK survey to a UK respondent. I take note of insertion of the US dialling string. We are working on a cost from your charging menu which is for UK costs. Can I clarify, there is no additional charge for the additional leg to the US. We are still working from the original charge menu quoted for UK outbound calls to land lines and mobile/cell?

Thank you for your help on this.

michaeltimothyallen

Dear Plum,

I have followed you instructions, but the surveys are still not launching.

Please see screenshots of the Contact and Campaign screens based on your previous guidance.

http://www.rabbitsurveys.com/plum

You advice is appreciated.

support

Post by support »

Hi Michael,

Regarding this issue, we suggest contacting our support team to have this resolved. Please send an e-mail to support@plumgroup.com with the following information:

1) Your 8-digit customer ID (this can be found in your support contract with Plum) in the Subject line of the e-mail
2) A description of the issue you're experiencing
3) The login name that you are using to log into the Plum Survey site where you are experiencing this issue

Regards,
Plum Support