We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Continuing issues with hanging on the Save function

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse development

Moderators: admin, support

wrothman@dealermagic.net

Continuing issues with hanging on the Save function

Post by wrothman@dealermagic.net »

I've been using Chrome 4.0 and experiencing my apps hanging on save. When I exit it asks if I want to save, which I do and it does.
DMIVS

support

bug entered on bug-tracking page

Post by support »

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for pointing this out.

Our QA team is currently working on trying to reproduce the issue.

Do you know if you're able to reproduce this issue reliably?

Regards,
Plum Support

wrothman@dealermagic.net

Issues with saves

Happening to me all the time today. Having some issues with initiating an app also. Thought it might be a bandwidth issue but others here are testing that for me and say, no.
DMIVS

wrothman@dealermagic.net

Re: Continuing issues with hanging on the Save function

The issue with non-loading and hanging on interim saves continue. This blocks the ability to run the app, as it looks to save first. Both yesterday afternoon and this AM - from different locations and different browsers (Firefox and Chrome) and different computers.
DMIVS

support

Post by support »

Hi Wayne,

We are still currently working on correcting this loading issue.

Have you been able to re-load the application by logging out and then logging back in to re-open it?

Regards,
Plum Support

wrothman@dealermagic.net

Sometimes it takes 6-7 tries to load. Anything I can do to help on this end?
DMIVS

support

Post by support »

Wayne,

A few questions our engineers have as we try to narrow this down.

Did this start only when you first reported it, or had it always been present in your experience of the site?

Does the relative size of the app affect how often it hangs when loading/saving?

What sort of internet connection do you have? Does the quality of the connection affect the occurrence of the issue?

Does it occur uniformly across all computers/browsers available to you?

Thanks,
SynApps Team

wrothman@dealermagic.net

It was not an issue until I first reported it. We're using DSL. And from different locations from time to time. At times, I was using the Sprint Wireless without issue. It seems that it hangs, rather than load. Almost as if it isn't able to initiate the load. There are no failures to load once the file shows that it is loading. Occurs on all browsers and workstations, as previously noted. On saving, it frequently will not complete the cycle. After a while, I will click Exit, at which time I am offered the opportunity to save the session. Unfortunately, it saves before doing any Runs. And, if it isn't going all the way through the save cycle, I am forced to Exit and come back in to Run. Hope that helps.
DMIVS

support

Post by support »

We think we've narrowed down the problem after some testing on slower connections. It seems like we were setting an unreasonably low timeout for certain requests that were expected to download considerable amounts of data (0.5 megs for some of your apps), and when the timeout was being reached the app load would abort. We've bumped this timeout up to 5 minutes for loading and 1 minute for saving. Please let us know if this helps the issue.

We're also going to work on caching some of this data in the browser as most of it does not change between app loads and it would save time loading the app, when we implement these optimizations we'll tell you about it in this thread.

Thanks for all your help so far in diagnosing this!

wrothman@dealermagic.net

Interesting that I don't see the post I did earlier today on this issue. Noted the improvement and wanted you all to know. I spent several hours working with it this AM and no hangs or false starts. Seemed to work beuatifully. I wonder what happened to my post.
DMIVS