We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Queuing the appropriate record

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse development

Moderators: admin, support

wrothman@dealermagic.net

Queuing the appropriate record

Post by wrothman@dealermagic.net »

I have a number of rows going into my table. Some will have been used to call out. When all of the data is completed, I mark them as complete. They may not be complete for a number of reasons. So in queing an outbound call, I query the database with a couple of stipulations. I want to queue the next row meeting all of the criteria. Completed (a field) is not "Yes" and a transaction number > 0. I get a "Node is not wired" response. If I choose 1st row and "any" criteria, I get the 1st record because it meets one of the criteria. Why do I get Node is not wired message? How do I get to the correct record. It is not obvious from the available help screens in the nodes.
DMIVS

support

looking into reproducing the issue

Post by support »

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for pointing this out to us.

Our QA team is currently looking into reproducing this issue.

Regards,
Plum Support

wrothman@dealermagic.net

Queeing the appropriate record

Post by wrothman@dealermagic.net »

Does your response mean that I was doing it correctly and not getting the proper row? Or, does it mean that something has to be developed to handle the situation. I'm anxious as I am trying to overcome this issue to take the application live as soon as possible.
DMIVS

support

Some Questions

Post by support »

Hi Wayne,

You should only hear the message "Node is not wired" when the call has reached a node that was not connected to another module. From what we could gather, that was perhaps the "No row to fetch" within the "Get Row from Stack" module. This may not be the case, but we cannot tell from the information you provided.

We created a database that held multiple rows that we queried against using a "not equal" and >. It pulled all relevant rows.

From what we understand, you would like to skip rows that you had previously pulled before. There are a few different ways around this issue. One method would be to use the "Menu from Stack" module if the user needs to select the row. If this process needs to be automated, you could add another column for whether a row as been previously pulled.

Within your first query, you could also query for when the previously pulled column is not true. When you pull your row, you could update the row to previously pulled being true. This will allow you to skip rows you previously pulled even if they did not get completed. To ensure your database continues to work correctly, you would have to have another section of modules for when no rows are pulled. You will want to repull your entire database and change the previously pulled column to false. This will allow you to run through the database again without having to manually change anything. The final piece would be to add a counter so that if you were to attempt to rewrite everything to false but you continue to receive no rows, your database has completed.

Regards,
Plum Support