We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Issues with results of outbound campaign

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse development

Moderators: admin, support

wrothman@dealermagic.net

Issues with results of outbound campaign

Post by wrothman@dealermagic.net »

1. I am testing the outbound campaign function and have calls going to different people in my office. I am finding that acquired information, in this case fax numbers, are being appended to the wrong rows. It is our app Outbound Call Requesting Fax.

2. In addition, we are attempting to use the app to leave a message, if necessary, and have inserted the request for human intervention as you suggested. It appears the the callers greeting messages are longer than the silence wait for the key press. The message never makes it to voice mail with the exception that if the caller is already engaged in a call and it forces the call received to voice mail, that call is truncated as a result of the wait for the human key press.

Could use some guidance on both issues.
DMIVS

support

Re: Issues with results of outbound campaign

Post by support »

Hey Wayne,

We have some suggestions after looking at your app. This will all probably be a lot clearer when outbound is actually documented, but you've done a pretty good job figuring things out so far!

1. You shouldn't atually need any of your pink modules. All data from the VerificationVariables table can be sent into your app and saved back with the orange Update Call Row module and the "presetting application variables" part of the outbound queueing form. You can make a bunch of Reserve Variable modules that will get filled with data from the row that is being called; create them first in your app, and the activate presetting application variables and set the variables with the fields from your table.

Similarly, you can save back info with the orange Update Call Row module, but right now you are saving back empty variables. You want to go to the menu and activate Reassign Names, that might make it a bit clearer. For example on the first page, get rid of the pink Update Row module and use the Update Call Row module with AgentFax = EnterFax and Completed = "Yes" (as a constant).

2. You should probably throw in a counter, and only skip to leaving a message after 3 or 4 retries. (After all a normal person may not catch the directions the first time, either.) To tweak the timeouts some more, go to Configure tab > Settings > Input > Timeouts. You might also want to connect something to the Invalid Entry node.

Best,
SynApps Team

wrothman@dealermagic.net

I have made the changes you suggested, with limited success. I'm working through the easy outbound call, where only a couple of results are captured. Want to get that right before attacking the complicated outbound call.

My current issue is when I create the outbound campaign with filtered rows. We are getting indications that calls were successes, even when we did not receive them. And, inconsistent results with leaving messages. I'm going to adjust the timeouts for that issue. But, I don't understand the successful calls that are not received and do not show as missed calls on our end and are not going to voice mail.
DMIVS

wrothman@dealermagic.net

Retries of outbound calls

We queued a 6-row campaign. The calls to two of the rows came through and were marked accordingly, with fax number and "completed" as "Yes". However, none of the other calls were placed. I had set the campaign to retry at 5 minutes. Nothing occurred. When I tried to re-run the rows in the queue, an alert box said I had no Agentphone numbers in the column and the numbers in those columns were shown against pink background. I could not re-run those calls. And, four of the six were not made. They were not marked as attempted either.
DMIVS

support

Post by support »

Hi Wayne,

It seems like you are queueing a lot of calls where the phone number is the same. You should know these calls will go out basically simultaneously, so if you have voicemail or something else answering the phone, it will go to voicemail for those calls. It might simplify things, especially in the early stages, to have only different phone numbers being called so you can get a ring for every line in your table.

We'll continue to look into the other errors.

Best,
SynApps Team

wrothman@dealermagic.net

The purpose of the use of the same phone numbers was to test what the results would show if the call occurred during an existing conversation and/or busy-ing out. The calls answered and managed by humans work.
DMIVS

support

Post by support »

One thing we'd like to clarify that may help you is that there is a distinction between a table cell that is gray and a table cell that is blank. The former is equivalent to the field not being present and is matched by the filter "ColumnName is not present". The latter means the field is present but set to the empty string; this is matched by the filter "ColumnName = " and leaving the constant box empty. For instance, some of the filters you set for the last couple of campaigns did not take into account the possibility of the field not being present. You either have to make sure the field is always present, always not present, or have the filters account for both situations.

support

Post by support »

We did manage to get a copy of your app working for a similar campaign that we queued ourselves, and it did leave us a voicemail message for the phones that did not pick up, so your app is correctly designed in that regard.