We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

OutBound Applications with Extensions - 1

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

Anitha Shree

OutBound Applications with Extensions - 1

Post by Anitha Shree »

Hi,

I tried with tel:732-283-0499;postd=227 for outbound applications.Ring is heard.But the VXML file mapped to this number is not played.Here the callee_type is answering_machine.

i tried with tel:732-283-1299 for outbound dialing which is a direct call with no extension.Ring is heard and on picking up the call VXML file mapped to this number is played.Here the callee_type is voice.

Please reply me to the earliest.
Thanks,
Anitha.A

support

IVR OutBound Applications with Extensions

Post by support »

Hi,

We have just recently patched our IVR outbound calling system to allow for a delay between the telephone number and the extension number. This will allow for a proper call transfer to the extension number.

However, if you do IVR outbound dialing to an extension, you would want to use a <record> tag to account for the hold music that is played while you are being transferred to the extension and to ensure that your prompts are played at the correct time.

Here is a sample IVR application that would allow you to do this:

Code: Select all

<vxml version="2.0">
<property name="sensitivity" value="0.7"/>

<form>

<record name="holdmusic_eater" beep="false" maxtime="60s" finalsilence="1s"/>

<block>
    <prompt bargein="false">
      The call ID for this call is  <say-as type="acronym">1234</say-as>.
      Goodbye.
    </prompt>
  </block>

</form>
</vxml>
You might want to adjust the values of sensitivity and finalsilence to account for the hold music and when the speaker says "hello". Keep in mind that setting the finalsilence value too low might trigger the premature end of the "holdmusic_eater" record block. Also, setting the sensitivity value too low would cause lulls in the hold music to trigger the end of the record.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Anitha Shree

Reg : outbound dialing + extensions

Post by Anitha Shree »

Hi,

I tried with record tag. This is working fine.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks,
Anitha.A