We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Dropped calls

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

shanthint@paydq.com

Dropped calls

Post by shanthint@paydq.com »

Hello,
We have a issue with some calls comming to the IVR server drop in the middle of the process. This happens once in a while only not all the time.

What could be the reason for this? Is there anyway we could make this go way?

Thank you.

shanthint@paydq.com

Hello,

I think I wasn't clear in the previous email.
We got complaints from some of our customers that calls are getting dropped in the middle. This is not consistent. It happens three or four times a day.
I can't find anything particular in the session log or in the error log regarding this issue.

I need some help to find out how it happens and why it happens.

Thank you in advance.

support

IVR issue with dropped calls

Post by support »

Hi,

Is it the same spot in your IVR application that your customers experience calls "getting dropped"?

If this is the case, you can post the snippet of IVR code where this IVR issue is happening and we can take a look at it.

If you receive any further information (such as an IVR call log) about this issue occurring, please post it here and we can help you debug the IVR issue.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shanthint@paydq.com

Hi,
We have three differnt applications. 'Call dropping' happens in all three applications randomly.
Recently we upgrade the plum software in our server. After the upgrade, we experience this problem.
Is that any possiblity the upgrade has something to do with this?
If so, Could you guys please look at the server config?

I have one question about the call logs.
In the platform, I can see only Last log of the call log. I am not sure how I can see the previous calls for the particular DNIS.

ANy help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

support

IVR developers need clarification for drop call issue

Post by support »

Hi,

About your question on the IVR call log, you can only see the IVR call log for the very last IVR call that came into your system.

As for the IVR situation with "call dropping", do you mean to say that your callers experience silence before the call ends? Or is there an immediate disconnect that occurs when this happens?

Regards,
Plum Support