We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Outbound call api detects callee type as answering machine

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

amitkhosla

Outbound call api detects callee type as answering machine

Post by amitkhosla »

Hi ,
I am using plumvoice outbound calling api to test my application . I see that most of the time (8 out of 10 times) the callee type is detected as answering machine.
I am using ip phone to test. How can i make sure that it detects callee type as voice . this will help me test things faster.any help ?

Regards,
Amit

support

disable callee type detection for IVR outbound system

Post by support »

Hi,

We can disable call type detection for you if you would like. If so, please send an e-mail to support@plumvoice.com with your customer ID in the subject line requesting for callee type detection to be disabled. The customer ID would be found in your support contract with Plum IVR. If you do not yet have a support contract with Plum, you should contact your sales representative regarding this IVR issue.

As for our callee type detection detecting your ip phone as an answering machine, generally, some ip phones can have problems being detected as voice. Have you tried making IVR outbound calls to a land line?

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ambreen@ebryx.com

callee_type mostly answering machine for my skype phone.

Post by ambreen@ebryx.com »

Hi

I can see that there is an issue with IP phones that the callee_type comes out mostly as answering machine.

Disabling it does not resolve my issue. I have logic in case the outbound call ends up at an answering machine too. So my script should be able to correctly identify callee type.

I expect plumvoice engineers to resolve this issue since it is a blocking one for my application in case of IP phones.

Moreover when i tested with skype, i encountered this problem, but when i tested with an ATT number, I could get the right callee type. Can you point out the carriers for which this issue will or will not occur?

Thanks
Ambreen

support

unexpected IVR behavior

Post by support »

Hi Ambreen,

Due to the unexpected IVR behavior that occurs for IP phones with our callee type detection feature, we suggest that you change your IVR script to have an introduction prompt that would repeat and require the callee to enter 1 on their phone keypad to determine that the callee picking up the IP phone is human.

This previous post also details some of the difficulties involved with IP phones: http://support.plumvoice.com/viewtopic.php?t=1275

Regards,
Plum Support