We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

problem with posting <record> results to ASP.Net

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

nathanl

problem with posting <record> results to ASP.Net

Post by nathanl »

I am experiencing a problem when trying to get the file posted back to my ASP.net page from the <record> tag. I can listen to the recording using a <value> tag and expression referencing the <record> tag name so I know the file is there, and when looking at the call log, I can see that the server has the following lines
...EVENT: DocumentParser::FetchDocument(default.aspx)
...EVENT: Posting binary content reccompanyname of size 4096 and type a
...EVENT: Attempting to fetch http://vevi.iiserve.com/default.aspx
so it believes that it is posting, but from the ASPX page, I write out the request to a file and it shows that it is a "GET" instead of a "POST", thus I cannot get the file.

Our admin looked up some info on PHP and ASPX interaction problems and found others having such problems that seemed to be due either to a misconfiguration of PHP or due to an out of date version of PHP that is being used on the VXML server.

Do you have an suggestions or experience with this? Is it possible to update the version of PHP on the Plum VXML server we have to see if that fixes the issue?

Thanks for your help! :)

support

IVR problem with posting <record> results to ASP.Net

Post by support »

It's possible the <submit> tag you are using is incorrectly specified. Here are some thoughts on possible reasons why the submit might be failing:
*- is the post type being ommitted from the submit tag? in the event that the post type is not specified, the default value is GET
*- can you post other data to the asp page, or is it just recorded data?

The plum IVR platform does not use php in any way in order to submit data. Instead it relies on a small http interface module known as curl, so it is unlikely that the php/asp interaction problems that your sys admin looked up are relevant to this particular problem.

If this doesn't solve your IVR issue, please reply with an IVR code snippet showing how you submit, so we can narrow down the problem space a little more.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by support on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

nathanl

Post by nathanl »

1) post type is being included (method="post")
2) yes, other data posts fine, although I don't use multipart-form for other posts

Here is the submitting vxml:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<vxml version="2.0">
	<property value="dtmf" name="inputmodes"></property>
	<var expr="''" name="VSKeys"/>
	<var expr="''" name="VSValues"/>

<form id="RecordNameForm">
		<var expr="'RecordNameForm'" name="thisForm"/>
		<var expr="'getcompanynumform'" name="nextForm"/>
		<var expr="session.telephone.ani" name="ANI"/>
		<var expr="session.telephone.dnis" name="DNIS"/>

<record beep="true" dtmfterm="true" name="reccompanyname" type="audio/wav">
			<prompt>
				<audio src="prompts/en-US/recordName.wav">
					Record Name

</audio>
			</prompt>
			<filled>
				<prompt>
					<audio src="/IVRCommon/en-US/youentered.wav">
						You entered

</audio>
					<value expr="reccompanyname"/>
				</prompt>
			</filled>
		</record>

<block>
			<submit next="default.aspx" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" namelist="thisForm nextForm reccompanyname   ANI DNIS"/>
		</block>
	</form>
</vxml>

And here is the request stream that I get back:
---------------------------------------

GET /default.aspx HTTP/1.1
Connection: close
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
Host: vevi.iiserve.com
User-Agent: PlumVoicePortal/2.4

---------------------------------------

Thanks!

support

IVR issue from possibly reading incorrect line in log file

Post by support »

Ok, your vxml looks correct and well formed. Here are two things which come to mind as possible IVR issues:
*- are you sure you are looking at the right line in the IVR log file? It would seem that is a GET response to another query.

*- is the url correct in your <submit> statement in your IVR? Try specifying the fully qualified address of the page (for example instead of 'default.aspx' specify 'http://somehost.com/default.aspx')

Hope this helps! :)
Last edited by support on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nathanl

Post by nathanl »

1) Yes, I'm sure it is the right line, because it is not from a log file, but I'm just writing the request stream out to a file since I couln't figure out what was going on.
2) Yes, I'm sure it is the correct URL, because the same URL supports multiple vxml "pages" and it is working correctly just like this for pages that have no recording. Also, I changed it to be an absolute URL and got the same results.

support

Posting audio to an ASP page to rectify IVR issue

Post by support »

Here is another question:
Have you tried posting audio data to that page from another location to ensure what the IVR is? For example, you could write a small html document that posts an audio file to the asp page you are using, and see what the response is from the asp server. here's an IVR example page:

Code: Select all

<HTML>
  <BODY>
    <Form name="add_campaign" 
               action="http://hostname/default.aspx"      
               enctype="multipart/form-data" 
               method="POST">
          <Input type="FILE" name="reccompanyname" size ="60"/>
          <Input type="Submit" name="submit_action" value="add"/>
     </form>
  </BODY>
</HTML>

There is a good chance that this will cause an effect similar to <submit>ing audio to your IVR server in that it probably won't work either. Check the setup of the asp server configuration and add wav file as an explicitly accepted mime type. I noticed in an earlier post there was wild card mime type definition (denoted by */*), but its possible that wildcard isnt having the desired effect.