We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

informationtone callee type

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

Rich

informationtone callee type

Post by Rich »

In another post someone listed the callee types that can be returned on a call request. Most of these are pretty straight forward to understand, guess, what they mean. However the callee type of informationtone I have no guess as to what that can mean. I would not have worried to much about it but wouldn't you know it we got it back on one of our clients call campaigns.

I did a search in documentation, support forms, and general google but no such luck. So what does informationtone mean?

Thanks,

Rich

support

Re: informationtone callee type

Post by support »

Hi,

For informationtone, you would probably receive this status if there was something like an operator intercept (e.g. tone of three beeps followed by a "I'm sorry, this call could not be completed at this time. Please try your call again later.").

There are other statuses as well that would trigger this status. For more information, you can reference this wiki page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_information_tones

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Plum Support

Rich

Post by Rich »

Thanks for the reply that explains a lot and gives me some insight to some interesting tricks.

But a follow up questions. The 8 defined codes are noted by tone length and frequency. In the case of the first 6 I would pretty much give up the call. However in the case of the last two a reattempt a few minutes later would likely be ok. So how do I tell the difference between one informationtone result and another? Of course it would also be nice to be able to report back to the client some of these status, primarily bad phone number vs changed phone number vs disconnected phone number vs phone company busy.

rich

short, long, long or low, high, low - Incomplete digits, internal office or feature failure – local office RO' SIT
long, short, long or high, low, low - Unassigned N11 code, CLASS code or prefix
short, short, long or low, low, low - Number changed or disconnected
long, short, long or low, high, low - General misdialing, coin deposit required or other failure
short, short, long or high, high, low - Reserved for future use.
short, long, long or high, low, low - Call failure, no wink or partial digits received – distant office

long, long, long or low, low, low - All circuits busy – distant office
long, long, long or high, high, low - All circuits busy – local office

support

Post by support »

Hi Rich,

Regarding your question, there is currently no way to differentiate one informationtone result from another. The outbound system simply returns this result if it encounters one of those events. However, we will take your suggestion into consideration for future updates on callee type detection.

Regards,
Plum Support