We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

IVR and Response.Redirect

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

bhare

IVR and Response.Redirect

Post by bhare »

I am creating a small prototype IVR application on my plum developer account. I have a question regarding using Response.Redirect in my web application. I have my account application pointed to a web page that returns VXML, I submit data back to that page via <submit method="post"/> and within the subsequent logic on the web application, I do a Response.Redirect to another page, which will output the next VXML for the application. I am getting an "error bad fetch" on the IVR application. If I set my start page to be the redirected page, or if I return a new "<submit/>" VXML from the starting page, the next page's VXML is executed correctly. Why won't it accept the same VXML when a Response.Redirect is done? Any help would be appreciated.

support

IVR platform cannot process an HTML redirect

Post by support »

Hi,

The problem is that Response.Redirect is a pre-processing directive (ASP, i think?) that presumably outputs some sort of HTML redirect into your document.

The Plum IVR Platform (or any IVR platform that matter) cannot process an HTML redirect, and no such directive exists in VoiceXML.

The page to which you do the <submit/> should output the "next VXML for the application". If the "next VXML for the application" needs to reside in a different page than that which processes the <submit />, the page that processed the <submit /> should output (at least) a simple form that goes to the page with the next VXML. E.g.:

<form id="redirect">
<block>
<goto next="page_that_contains_next_vxml.vxml" />
</block>
</form>

Hope this helps.

Plum Support
Last edited by support on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bhare

Post by bhare »

Thanks a bunch, this does help.