We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

how to upload wav file plumserver to make outbound call

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

ganga

how to upload wav file plumserver to make outbound call

Post by ganga »

how to upload .wav file to plumserver to make outbound call programatically. Is there any way post method and get the file path. Any help would be great.
To clarify further what I am trying to do here is I trying upload wav file to Plumserver and before initiating the outbound call to reduce the latency when plumserver tries to retrieve wav file from my server.

thanks

support

to place an IVR outbound call and play a .wav file . . .

Post by support »

Hello,

In order to place an IVR outbound call and play a .wav file you will need to create your own voicexml script. This script (along with your .wav files) would be hosted IVR on your webserver and is accessed by the plum IVR system when the IVR call is placed. VoiceXML is a robust programming language that has numerous features for interacting with a caller. If you are looking for an IVR system to simply upload a wav file and a list of numbers your needs might be better served using a "voice broadcasting" service.

Regards,
Plum Support