We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

catch tag also catching hangups?

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

pinkatron

catch tag also catching hangups?

Post by pinkatron »

I think this may be a Plum bug, not sure;

I've added a catch tag like so :

<catch event="nomatch noinput">
I'm sorry. I didn't get that.
<reprompt/>
</catch>

to my application. However, what I'm seeing from the Plum logs is that a user will mysteriously stay on the line, not enter anything, and keep the line open for hours at a time. Plum continuously reprompts them, but nothing happens. The call is dropped some 200+ iterations later, after a "errno: 210 message Maximum loop count exceeded "

What I think is happening is that the user is hanging up, but Plum does not recognize this and thus keeps the line open? This catch tag is a recent addition to our application so it makes sense that it may be the culprit. Could the catch tag somehow be interfering with hangup events? I know that is not the expected behavior, which is why I think it might be a bug.

support

set count attribute for a 2nd catch tag in IVR application

Post by support »

Hello,

What you are looking for is to set the count attribute for a second catch tag in your IVR application. You have two <catch> tags that look something like this:

Code: Select all

<catch event="nomatch noinput">
        I'm sorry. I didn't get that.
        <reprompt/>
</catch>
<catch event="nomatch noinput" count="4">
        <disconnect/>
</catch>
This will prevent callers from staying on the line by disconnecting them after 4 <noinput>s or <nomatch>es.

Regards,
Plum Support