We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

inputmode property

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

tcharron

inputmode property

Post by tcharron »

I have a small issue with the inputmode gobal property. It is NOT respected, even when specified. Basically, we have a base root document that includes grammers that do not specify their input modes. Typically, both a voice and DTMF is created in the system itself.

When we set the inputmode global to be 'dtmf', not only are the voice grammers still loaded (which I'd expect), *THEY ARE STILL ACTIVE*.

How can one toggle dtmf and non dtmf recognition off and on. Our users are requesting to be able to turn OFF voice prompts, but I'm concerned I'd have to have two modify all of my code and build in the ability to detect this based on a variable, and explicity never give a type of voice.

And even then, I have no idea if this will actually work.

This property determines which input modality to use. The input modes to enable: dtmf and voice. To disable speech recognition, set inputmodes to "dtmf". To disable DTMF, set it to "voice". One use for this would be to turn off speech recognition in noisy environments. Another would be to conserve speech recognition resources by turning them off where the input is always expected to be DTMF. This property does not control the activation of grammars. For instance, voice-only grammars may be active when the inputmode is restricted to DTMF. Those grammars would not be matched, however, because the voice input modality is not active.

support

IVR code of root document needed

Post by support »

Could you post IVR code snippets of your root document and one of your forms where you locally declare inputmodes as "dtmf"? We'd like to test this behavior out and want to make sure we're replicating IVR code structure.

Thanks!