We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

help with call queuing

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

sylvansah

help with call queuing

Post by sylvansah »

Hi there
:D thanks for the reply on the issue with the call transfer.

I need help to create this feature I am trying to add to my application.

Does the free account queue calls automatically when there are more than one incoming call trying to access the system. If not then is there a way to queue the incoming calls and prompt them with messages of their queue positions.

thanx

sylv

support

queues are maintained when you transfer call from IVR to PBX

Post by support »

Hello,

The Plum IVR system does not queue incoming calls. All IVR calls coming into the IVR system are accepted and answered immediately. Plum maitains a large overflow capacity for customers with traffic bursts. You can discuss your needs with your Plum sales rep if you have any capacity questions.

Regarding a "virtual" queue, VoiceXML does not support this capability as its entire purpose is to provide immediate access to information via prompts and tts rather than forcing a caller to wait in a queue to speak with a live agent. Normally queues are maintained when you transfer a call from an IVR to a PBX using an on-site solution (rather than a hosted IVR).

Regards,
Plum Support