We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Validate and url path to xml intermittant failing.

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

always24x7

Validate and url path to xml intermittant failing.

Post by always24x7 »

I am having intermittant problems with the validate not working on a url. Relatively often it is just popping up a blank window that sits there for a couple of minutes or so and then comes back unable to get the url.

During this time, you can click open and it comes right up every time.

Along with this I was having an intermittant problem where the IVR system would say that the service was unavailable.

If I cut and paste the xml into a scratch area and set it as active everything works.

Any ideas?

support

if IVR sys is unable to fetch doc, it will say doc unavailab

Post by support »

Hello,

This sounds like a network issue. Is the IVR system you are linking to externally accessible? The validate feature attempts to connect to the URL from an IVR system that resides at our IVR hosting facility. If we are unable to reliably fetch that page outside of your network our IVR system will not be able to fetch the document and will report that the document is unavailable (after a very long timeout). Selecting open will only redirect your local web browser to the document and does not guarantee that the page is available to our IVR systems. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Plum Support