We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

increase inter-digit time out

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

zone24x7

increase inter-digit time out

Post by zone24x7 »

I need to increase the time-stamp between two digits (in same input field), while a user is entering a value through telephone.

Eg . A user will be prompted to enter user number. While he is entering data (but not completed yet) the system prompts to enter his password. So the system could get only first digits of what the user entered as his user number. To avoid this it needs to increase inter-digit time out.

In your programmers reference it says that this can be done using the Global property “Interdigittimeout”. I used the following script to increase inter-digit time out. It didn’t work. And I tried to user properties such as “Incompletetimeout" and “Completetimeout“ to check whether those can be used to get my work done. But no success.

Please let me a way to do this.

Thanks
Viraj

support

IVR script to add interdigittimeout property to field

Post by support »

Hi,

IVR script shows solution by simply adding an interdigittimeout IVR property to the field in which you are collecting data:

<field name="phoneNumber" type="digits">
<property name="interdigittimeout" value="4s" />
<prompt>
Please enter blah blah blah...
</prompt>
<filled>
<!-- do something with the caller's entry -->
</filled>
</field>

Regards,

Plum Support
Last edited by support on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

zone24x7

Post by zone24x7 »

I solved the problem. Thanks for the reply.

Viraj