We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

How to deploy an application for external PBX access

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

alex_n

How to deploy an application for external PBX access

Post by alex_n »

Hi

//Sorry, I have little knowledge of Plum sites and systems operation, and I haven't been able to find the answer by searching documentation and forums.

I have a dev account and a vxml application in a scratchpad on hosting.plumgroup.com

Would please somebody advise me on the specific steps required to deploy my application as a
1. production app (I assume scratchpad is not the place for it to live in production?)
2. accessed from an external Asterisk PBX via SIP (it's for using outside of the US and we need a local provider for the number)

Thanks you!

support

Re: How to deploy an application for external PBX access

Post by support »

Hi,

We just want to make sure we're fully understanding your questions/needs.

1. You have created a VXML application via a Plum Scratchpad and you want to deploy that application to a production environment. For a DIY customer like yourself, you will need a web server that you would store the VXML file(s) on which could be pulled via either an HTTP or HTTPS request.

2. We are not sure what exactly you mean. Are you looking to access the Plum Scratchpad via an Asterisk PBX? Are you looking to transfer calls into the Plum environment via SIP?

Regards,
Plum Support

alex_n

Post by alex_n »

Correct, have a VXML application in a Plum Scratchpad.
1. I assumed (perhaps, incorrectly) that Plum Fuse and Plum Dev were parts of the same system, and I can use my script as an app deployed in your system, answering an assigned number (not a dev number with a code).

2. As some of our customers are not located in the US, I was looking to access the same application from an Asterisk PBX that serves a local number.

support

Post by support »

Hi,

Our DEV and Fuse platforms are not integrated with each other. They are stand-alone applications. Fuse has the ability to run VXML scripts via the VXML Subdialog module, however, that requires that the scripts are hosted on a web server.

The IVR platform which interprets the VXML application runs internally within our network. Fetching the VXML application to a local Asterisk PBX will not run the application. We can provide local numbers for several countries outside of the United States. These numbers come with a $10 monthly charge.

Regards,
Plum Support

alex_n

Post by alex_n »

Well, do you have numbers in Russia?

If not, can a Russian PBX be connected via SIP to an application on any of your servers?

support

Post by support »

Hi,

Our international carrier does not currently provide Russian numbers.

We do provide inbound SIP services, bt there is a minimum volume requirement. We recommend that you contact our sales department to determine if this may be an option for you. Sales can be reached at 866-759-7586, option 2.

Regards,
Plum Support