We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Barge-in sensitivity

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

todd_russell

Barge-in sensitivity

Post by todd_russell »

Anyone have experience with fine-tuning Barge sensitivity? My app is currently set at .5 and I notice it's extremely sensitive when using the system on speaker phone. I would like to get something to work for my customers for both - on or off speaker phone.

Another question: Can I configure the app to not allow barge while my audio file is playing but queue up any DTMF or speech until the file finished playing and send it through the app?

Thanks,

Todd

support

Re: Barge-in sensitivity

Post by support »

Hi Todd,

Generally speaking you can turn down sensitivity if you know you are going to be dealing with noisy environments while keeping bargein enabled. The key to reducing this value is to also increase the completetimeout setting. This will force the system to capture additional audio at the end of the user utterance which might otherwise be truncated while reducing the likelihood of a false bargein.

Unfortunately, VoiceXML does not provide any mechanism to buffer user input (DTMF or Speech) while bargein is disabled. When bargein is disabled all user input is ignored and discarded until after the prompts have completely finished playing.

Regards,
Plum Support