We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Use of termmaxdigits

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

srmoser430

Use of termmaxdigits

Post by srmoser430 »

Hi Support Team,

I'm attempting to use the termmaxdigits property to eliminate timeout pauses after the caller has entered their input value. Here's a partial example of my field definition:

<field name="cgID" type="digits?maxlength=8">
<property name="termmaxdigits" value="true" />
<prompt>
<audio src="{{appUrl('audio/enter_cg...

In my test I entered an 8 digit value and expected to be taken immediately to the next prompt. However, it seems there is still a timeout pause (I set timeout to 3s). What am I missing?

Thanks...Scott

support

Re: Use of termmaxdigits

Post by support »

Hello Scott!

Your code snippet doesn’t provide very much detail, but I would caution you against placing properties in the middle of your code.

Dev Docs -> tutorial
Properties may be defined for the whole application, for the whole document at the <vxml> level, for a particular dialog at the <form> or <menu> level, or for a particular form item. Properties apply to their parent element and all the descendants of the parent. A property at a lower level overrides a property at a higher level. When different values for a property are specified at the same level, the last one in document order applies.

Specifically in this instance it may be problematic because…

Dev Docs -> properties -> termmaxdigits
If any other grammars are active during recognition this behavior is disabled.

If that doesn’t solve your problem please send a little more of your code so we can continue troubleshooting!