We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Configuring SMS replies to our API requires authentication

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

jparnell

Configuring SMS replies to our API requires authentication

Post by jparnell »

Hello,

We are using the Plum Dev portal to set up SMS replies to be sent to our API. However, our API requires basic HTTP authentication. How can we define header params or basic authentication for the API configuration?

Thanks!

support

Re: Configuring SMS replies to our API requires authenticati

Post by support »

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry! The username/password for your DEV login credentials are used for HTTP authentication in regards to SMS REST APIs. You may refer to our documentation here: https://www.plumvoice.com/docs/dev/plum ... msoutbound. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Regards,
Plum Support

jparnell

Post by jparnell »

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I might not have been clear in my request, I'll try to rephrase.

We need to configure Plum Dev to send text messages to our API endpoint. For example, a user sends a text message to a Plum SMS number, and Plum forwards that to our API. We're logging into Plum Dev and visiting the "SMS Applications" page to configure this.

However, our API requires basic authentication. When we enter the URL of our API, there is no location to enter authentication or Header information for the API request. How can we enter authentication parameters so Plum can forward SMS messages to our API?

support

Post by support »

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification, it was very helpful for us.

We have sent you a private message with more information on this matter, as it involves some details from your account. Please discuss further with us in that message.

Regards,
Plum Support