We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

VXML Record and Expect 100-continue

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

BrianDigitalPharm

VXML Record and Expect 100-continue

Post by BrianDigitalPharm »

Hello Support/Community,

We are building our IVR with PlumDev and Python (Flask and the popular requests library).

One of our IVR tree branches is a simple voicemail option. It is supposed to ask Plum to submit the recording back to our app's /record/upload route.
Here is the VXML form for the record portion:

Code: Select all

<vxml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/vxml" application="/root.vxml" version="2.0">
    <form id="fetch_record_menu">
        <block>
            <prompt>
                At the tone, please record your message. When you have finished, press the pound key.
            </prompt>
        </block>

<record name="voicemail" type="audio/x-wav" beep="true" maxtime="120s" finalsilence="4000ms" dtmfterm="true"/>

<block>
            <submit namelist="dnis ani session_id voicemail" next="/record/upload" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post"/>
        </block>
    </form>
</vxml>
The /record/upload URL of our app is where I expect the file/payload to be sent to with the full namelist.
We do not appear to be receiving the full name list being sent across in the POST:
dnis ani session_id voicemail

The only thing we see in the POST Request is Headers:
Accept */*
Content-Length 45620
Content-Type multipart/form-data; boundary=------------------------cba3071c49f9e99b
Expect 100-continue
Host 1423fe9b.ngrok.io
User-Agent PlumVoicePortal/4.1
X-Forwarded-For 107.150.140.21
X-Forwarded-Proto https

The information in the namelist (dnis, ani, session_id) is very important for us to receive back in order to coorelate a voicemail with a particular DID and CallerId which is a major part
of our whole user experience.

Another issue: I noticed the HTTP Header: Expect-100 Continue and from my research on this our understanding is that Plum is awaiting a confirmation to send the full payload/file.
Is there any documentation around how to best handle this? The only useful information I've found so far regarding HTTP Expect-100 is from these links.

TL/DR:
1. We are not getting the voicemail recording.
2. The namelist in the HTTP POST is missing important information.
3. How is 100-continue expected to be used in the context or <Record>?

Hoping your team can help, thanks!

-B

support

Re: VXML Record and Expect 100-continue

Post by support »

Hello from Plum Voice,

We understand that you may have reached out to our support staff via another medium and wanted to make sure that you're taken care of. If you have any outstanding questions or concerns regarding this particular point, we will reply via the other inquiry that you may have provided.

Regards,

Plum Voice Support