We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Polly Voices Options

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

dwollberg

Polly Voices Options

Post by dwollberg »

Hello,

I noticed that Polly voices are now available - not only as an option for the application, but there is also documentation on the dev site. My first question is: is Polly now fully supported as a TTS option? We have tested some options (like Nuance Vocalizer 6.0 Alpha) that work sometimes, but not reliably (currently not working at all, at least on the PCI environment). I wanted to make sure Polly is supported before I go much further into testing it.

My next question is related to the "neural" version of the voice. This version of the voice is what we would like to use as the default for all TTS. Is it possible to set the voice's "variant" attribute as a property so that we can make this the default for all TTS? Or will I need to add a <voice variant="2"> for all TTS throughout my application?

Thank you!

support

Re: Polly Voices Options

Post by support »

Hello,

Absolutely! Polly is ready and in production for use, Polly is fully supported. We have not announced it yet however and will be making a larger announcement soon along with providing even more documentation in the coming weeks. At this time it cannot be set as the default and requires that you set it each time you'd like it to be used using the voice_variant function.

Regards,
Plum Support

dwollberg

Re: Polly Voices Options

Post by dwollberg »

Thank you for the reply. Having that as a global property (or some other way to set it as the default) would be a great addition to the platform. But either way, this is good news. Thanks again.