We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Adding as an ASP.net Service

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

jtmerch

Adding as an ASP.net Service

Post by jtmerch »

Hello, has anyone else added voice XML as an Asp.net web service? Or, can anyone offer advice on getting this to work with Asp.net?

Thanks in advance.

robbiesullivan

Post by robbiesullivan »

Hello,
Do you mean calling a webservice from a voicexml app?

jtmerch

No

Post by jtmerch »

Thanks but no, I'm only looking to pass outbound values from asp.net to vxml to have xvml call the user. So if I pass vxml "hello jane" and the phone number vxml then calls the user with "hello jane". In asp.net there's a way to add a web service reference and use the code to assign values but now that I look I don't think that this is possible. Does anyone have any workout outbound asp.net sample? Even something that says hello world is fine, I'm just having a little trouble understanding the outbound sending of one message at a time using asp.

support

no direct SOAP web service available for IVR outbound system

Post by support »

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no direct SOAP web service available for the outbound IVR system. When Microsoft (ASP.NET) uses the word web service they mean SOAP. In the case of our outbound IVR system you need to create a standard HTTP POST request from ASP.NET to the plum IVR outbound server.

Also, you are confusing slightly how the outbound IVR system works. You send the outbound queue a POST with your login information, a phone number and a URL that will be used once the call has been connected. This means that you do not have to send a full document that will be used, just a link to it.

Perhaps another user on the forum has some experience performing HTTP POSTs to our Plum IVR outbound system using ASP.

Regards,
Plum Support