We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Inbound call extension or extra digits

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

bventhen

Inbound call extension or extra digits

Post by bventhen »

Hi,
I'm trying to provide a more streamlined experience for my users, to allow them to save our inbound number to their address book with extra digits. Is there any way I can determine the presence of these as part of the call flow, and use it directly or pass it to my server?

For example:
Instead of the calling dialing into our service, then hearing the initial call prompt for press #1 for flow A, #2 for flow B etc.

I can ask the caller to dial "[inbound number],1" which will automatically start call flow A or "[inbound number],2" to automatically start call flow B

Thanks in advance,
Ben

support

Re: Inbound call extension or extra digits

Post by support »

Hi Ben,

It is not possible to add extra digits to a phone number and use them within an application.

However, it is possible to use two different phone numbers and have each of them point to different applications, such that one number starts flow A, and the other starts flow B. To have another phone number added your account, please contact the provisioning team at provisioning@plumgroup.com.

Regards,
Plum Support