We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Enabling SMS for developer account

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

pixlpete

Enabling SMS for developer account

Post by pixlpete »

This doesn't seem like the best place to ask this question, but I could not find a more appropriate topic. I need to get SMS enabled for my dev account and I can’t find any information about how to achieve this. Also, in the documentation the instruction is to use my developer account username and password when sending SMS messages. This seems like a very bad arrangement once our app is in production since customers can change their passwords. Is it possible to use a PIN number (like it works for outbound calling)? Thanks in advance.

support

Re: Enabling SMS for developer account

Post by support »

Hi pixlpete,

Thanks for your questions.

Regarding your first question, you will need to contact your Plum account manager to get SMS enabled for your account.

Regarding your second question, you cannot use a PIN number when sending SMS messages. You would still need to use your account username and password.

However, we will take your request into consideration for our internal feature request page for future implemenations of SMS.

Regards,
Plum Support