We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Testing - QA / Production

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

cnoyes

Testing - QA / Production

Post by cnoyes »

What do you allow or recommend for testing purposes? QA vs. Production. How can we set up a test environment? Can we promote IVR application from test environment to production once our QA is complete?

support

Re: Testing - QA / Production

Post by support »

We would recommend creating multiple deployments for your app, one for QA and one for production. Your QA production should always be assigned to the latest revision, that way you can test instantly by calling in, instead of updating your deployment each time.

Your production deployment should be assigned to a fixed revision. That way, if you continue development on the same application, your production phone number will not be affected.

jparnell

Post by jparnell »

Hi there,

Our team is thinking about our testing and release process. One concern I have is promoting a revision from a "QA" deployment to a "Stage" and then "Prod" deployment.

Assuming I want the application and deployment id's to stay the same (to prevent work on the back-end), opening the correct deployment is a bit challenging because there isn't a way to add a friendly name / label to the deployment. If I have Qa, Stage, and Prod versions of my application, I need to deduce which is which, based on the revision number. This is doable, but with such important configurations, it's risky to make mistakes (especially with multiple engineers and a system that won't be updated all that frequently).

Any plans to add a Name field to the deployment screen?

support

Post by support »

Hello,

We appreciate your input and believe this would be convenient and helpful within our platform.
We requested this as a feature request to our development team.
Currently there is no timeline for the feature request but we will let you know when we have one.

Regards,
Plum Support

jparnell

Post by jparnell »

Excellent, thank you!