We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Audio Manager / disabling system prompts for Menu module

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

fscianna

Audio Manager / disabling system prompts for Menu module

Post by fscianna »

Hello,
Regarding the system prompts that are automatically generated when using a Menu module (Press1 for 1", "Press 2 for 2")... I have attempted to disable those by deleting the text in the Audio Manager page, but they seem to get re-loaded the next time I save the app. Can you advise if I'm not saving correctly or overlooking something else? For reference, you can review our app 'test_5'. In version 0.4, I successfully removed the text. In version 0.5, both were re-enabled.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any additional info.

Thanks!

support

Re: Audio Manager / disabling system prompts for Menu module

Post by support »

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know we are working on debugging this and we'll let you soon as soon as we have updates, thanks!

Regards,
Plum Support

support

Post by support »

This bug has been fixed, let us know if you continue running into issues, thanks!

cnoyes

Post by cnoyes »

Thanks, I was experiencing this as well and was wondering if I had things set up wrong.

fscianna

Post by fscianna »

Apologies for the late reply. I can confirm as well this was resolved.

I do have a follow-up question/concern regarding the automated system prompts for the Language module. I am currently trying to use a single .wav file for the "Press 1 for English" and another for "Press 2 for Spanish". Both are uploaded on the Audio Manager pages successfully and they work initially, but the next time I save the app, both files seem to get removed. Would you mind taking a look when you have a chance to see if you can duplicate? App name will be testLang. It currently has both .wav files uploaded.

If you'd like me to start a new post for this, just let me know. Thanks!

support

Post by support »

No worries, we're looking into this now, thanks for letting us know. Again, we'll post updates as soon we we have them!

cnoyes

Post by cnoyes »

Just confirming that it there is a known bug with the app repeating "press 1 for press 2 for..." even though the content has been removed from the audio manager page. It was resolved but now seem to be an issue again.
thanks

support

Post by support »

@cnoyes which application are you experiencing this bug in?

cnoyes

Post by cnoyes »

Hi. It's Novu Employee Activation Outbound (clone) . and the ActivationQ module in particular.
And a side question - when I queue the csv file with fname and am placed the call, the fname variable is used in the call. But when I call in to listen to the message again, the call fails at fname and hangs up. Is that expected when calling back in to walk through the different paths?

support

Post by support »

Thank you for the additional details we are looking into the issue where built-in menu prompts are being played even when removed and we will let you know as soon as it is resolved.

Regarding the differences between inbound and outbound behaviors. We recommend having two distinct applications when you want to support both inbound and outbound functionality. The reason for this is that the different call types commonly have non-trivial differences in behavior. For example for the outbound application you are providing the fname as metadata variable that is instantiated when the call connects. By contrast inbound calls have no pre-associated data, all calls start only with the variables you create within the callflow. In this case for the inbound call you may need to look up the caller's first name using a REST service by providing the caller ID and getting back the caller's first name and any other metadata you need to allow the caller to interact with the application. The caller ID can be accessed as a variable (using the + button) as "session.connection.ani".