We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Calls not being received

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

jverweij

Calls not being received

Post by jverweij »

Hi We are queuing up outbound calls to a landline to confirm the branded caller ID. The call is showing in the log but with no call events. The call is not coming through to the phone.
What is the best way to troubleshoot where the failure is? The call is being received at other numbers (all mobile), though so it appears to be isolated to only certain phone numbers (just the landline ones we've tried).
Thanks

jverweij

Re: Calls not being received

Post by jverweij »

Update: We were able to get a call through to a landline but the number is showing up from a completely different number now. Are you troubleshooting on your side and rerouting the deployed number to a different number?
Please let me know as we are set to launch these outbound calls on Monday.
Thanks!

support

Post by support »

We are able to send a specific caller ID for outbound calls, but it is the receiving party that determines whether that caller ID shows up or not. If the proper caller ID is showing for all calls except some specific landlines, it is the landline provider that is not showing or altering the caller ID. Changing your outbound number would not change this behaviour, it is 100% dependent on the receiving party, in this case, the specific landline.

jverweij

Post by jverweij »

I'm not sure I'm following. We have a local area code assigned to the deployment. When we first queued the calls, the calls were not even received by landline numbers, only mobile numbers. We know this because we tested on several landlines locally here. Then after posting here the number showed up as as different local area code (817) to the same landline that previously did not receive a call. Which seems to indicate that the number was rerouted. When we called back to that number I received a non-working number message. Now it is showing up as Unknown with no phone number, which means the user cannot return the call based on the caller ID.

support

Post by support »

Currently Fuse+ does not allow you to set the caller ID, so you cannot control what shows up as the caller ID. However, we are planning on including this feature on a future release.

In general, caller IDs are never 100% guaranteed because it is the receiving party that controls whether they accept the caller ID we provide or not.

Please let us know if your landlines do not accept outbound calls anymore. For specific issues that have to do with telco, and not bugs with the Fuse+ app, please do email support with which application you are trying to deploy and some phone numbers that are not working. We will open a ticket with our phone carrier to figure out what's going on.

roadmusic

Post by roadmusic »

Is it still true that Fuse+ does not allow ani to be set in API Queue calls? Using a POST http request.
I have tried to add the ;ani=<phone number> and I get either:

1. a Failed request
2. the call doe not complete even though I get a call_id returned.

Is there something I am missing?
Tried:
phone_number=1234567890;ani=0987654321 (completes with call_id but no call executed)
phone_number=tel:+1234567890;ani=0987654321 ( 400 Bad request)
phone_number=tel:+1234567890 ( 400 Bad Request)
phone_number=1234567890 ( completes call but Caller ID shows UNKNOWN)
roadmusicDev

support

Post by support »

Hi roadmusic,

Great question- have you tried queuing the calls this way:
tel:13472550011;ani=6177123000

Those are example numbers above. This actually is supported when calls are queued using the tel URL format. Please let us know if this works!

Regards,
Plum Support

roadmusic

Post by roadmusic »

I was able to get the calls to work. I see that my format on the DNIS was wrong.
Thanks.
roadmusicDev