We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Sharing applications and permissions

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

jverweij

Sharing applications and permissions

Post by jverweij »

We'd like to request that when sharing an application we be able to allow the new user to edit the application (not just clone, manage audio or share again).
As we create applications here we promote them from a dev environment, to QA, to production. We need to be able to allow different users to make updates based on the version.
Thanks,

support

Re: Sharing applications and permissions

Post by support »

We restrict editing privileges to the application owner for security purposes. You must clone and share applications if you would like another user to work on the "same" application.

jverweij

Post by jverweij »

We just tried that out - cloning a test application and sharing it and the user I shared with can access the app and make changes but the save button is not active for her to save her changes. Is that intended? Or can they only "work" in it but not save their work? I'm not seeing the difference between a cloned and shared app and the original app, in terms of security.
thanks!

support

Post by support »

Only an application's owner may edit the application. So if you have an app that you want another user to edit, this would be the order of operations.

1. You create application
2. You share application with another user
3. That other user clones that shared application and makes edits on their own copy (User must have "Create Applications" permissions, as seen under My Account > Manage Users)